“Reflections of A Journey “
Reflections of a Journey is a compilation of poems that exhibit the trail of experiences of the Elitess, and many others. The poems in this book display the confusion, inquiries, frustrations & fantasies that evolved many of us into the women & men we are today. Reflections of a journey encompasses over 30 pieces that will take its readers on the journey of The Elitess’ life, as serve as encouragement for others to look at the things ,in their lives, that molded them.
About the Author: Phyllis Jackson is a graduate of Savannah State University (Savannah, GA) with a BBA in Marketing and a MBA in Public Administration. Phyllis, also known as “The Elitess,” has had a passion for word imagery since 1994. It was that same year in which she wrote her first, award winning poem. Since then, Phyllis has been writing poetry that mainly focuses on the intimacy of the heart, mind, body and spirit. The Elitess’ poems are also based on the life experiences of both men and women. Ms. Jackson’s writings are powerfully vivid on the subjects of self discovery, love, heart ache and growth. In 2007, Ms. Jackson debut book, “Soul Searching Confessions” was published. Her debut book focuses on the nostalgia of our firsts (loves, heartaches, fantasies, self discovery & realization, etc). The Elitess’ hope is that her art reaches the hearts and souls of all who read as well as support her passion. Poems like “Realization,” “Transition,” and “22 to 1,” portray an artistic ideal behind the experiences of many of our lives. In 2010, the second book, Reflection Of A Journey was published.
This artist has ,also, had the honor of serving as a State Executives for the NAACP Youth & College Division for 5 years, a National Executive Board Member for Non-Greek ,Collegiate, Sisterhood Organization ( Sisters Striving For Excellence Inc.), a Co-Founder for a Pre-Alumni Association & a Collegiate Modeling Troupe. The Elitess has shown to be a true renaissance woman, with a love for people, art & the great gift of life.
How long have you been writing? I have been writing since 1994. My introduction to the artistry of poetry was given at the age of 10.
- · What prompted you to write Reflections of A Journey? I felt compelled to share my life’s story with others. I believe that other people are going through the same things & should know that they are not alone. I, also, needed to display my roots & growth process in my writing, after publishing my debut book “Soul Searching Confessions”.
- · Your alias is “The Elitess” , why was this name chosen to exemplify who you are as a writer ? Well, people often confuse my name “Elitess” with the term ‘ Elitist”. My name simply means, above average. I do not see myself as being better than anyone, but I do believe that I set myself to a higher standard of life. I make it my business to live, exemplify & deliver greatness in everything that I do. For these reasons, I have been christened as “The Elitess”, but maintain a great deal of humility towards my people.
- · What are some of your other projects? I have had the opportunity to be featured as an Ultra Model Role Model, which has allowed me to reach out to a new market within communities around the world. I am, also, writing monthly poems for One Entertainment Magazine. While embracing all of these great opportunities, I am working to complete my Master’s degree program & working on my third book. “As I Am: Poetic Memoires of the Soul” should be complete by the spring of 2011.
- · What are some of the experiences you have gone through as a young black writer? As a young African American Writer, I have experienced the challenges of self publishing ( self, promotion,editing,managing,etc) I have ,also, experienced the reluctance of acceptance by people who have not initially open to change.
- · What words or suggestions would you provide to inspiring writers? I would suggest that inspiring writers learn the business behind publishing, management, etc. I would also suggest that people should go for what they desire & hope for. Never let anyone stunt your growth or kill your dreams. Only you have the power to stop your progress.
- · What are your literary endeavors? As an author, it is my goal to become a household name. I want to share my experiences & allow them to serve as inspiration to those who are going through similar situations.
Email address for readers to contact you : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book Trailer
1. Your sincerity has always provided my heart’s confusion, but don’t be mistaken, you’ve captured a piece of my heart, that can never be re-taken.
2. Every lady’s midnight fantasy, epitome of perfection every female’s answered prayer & every girl’s list of wants & needs r brought 2 lives.
3. WOMEN HAVE FORGOTTEN THE VALUE OF HER BEING & THAT SHE IS A TREASURE WORTH KEEPING
4. Rendezvous, it never fails that your beats erupt in my sheets as they send chills up my spine as your words run through my mind & explode.
- Excerpt of your book
Every Woman’s Dream Man
I can, only, describe you as every woman’s dream man.
You seem to hold every woman’s peaked interest in your hand.
With the tone of your voice & with the sensuality in your
Speech, you, effortlessly, knock even the most jaded
Woman off her feet & makes the strongest of women weak.
You are every woman’s dream man.
The wisdom you provide & the respect you, silently, demand
Arouses the imaginations of an woman that comes through
You’re passing. At first meetings, all females hope
That you’re enticing face & strong embrace w/ them
Will be everlasting because…..
You are every woman’s dream man,
Every lady’s midnight fantasy, epitome of perfection
Every female’s answered prayer & every girl’s
List of wants & needs brought to life. Anyone
Woman would be blessed to be titled as your wife;
That is every woman’s dream & in spite of your
Humility, I know that you know that all that you request
Is at your beck & call…
After all you are every woman’s dream man.